A restoration started in the 90s has brought to light the ancient Romanesque structures and it was thus decided to create a space dedicated to the history of the abbey. In some cases there are table ceramics found in a deposit of the monastery. They have a varied geographical origin and were used by monks between 1200 and 1300.
The display cases are located on the first floor, on the second floor and in the chapter house of the building, and constitute the exhibition area of the Abbey. The weight of the finds placed on the panel, the ventilation system and the electrical lighting system gave rise to slight deformation phenomena of the bottom surface. Observing the panel, in correspondence with the side walls, it is possible to notice a slight downward bending in the central part, highlighted by the distance created between the bottom surface and the vertical edge of the case. Although the case is protected in the upper part by safety crystals, over time, the dust has managed to infiltrate and has deposited on the bottom, and partly also on the ceramics contained in the case.
The protection of the display cases inside the reliquaries did not prevent the dust from settling on the surface of the artifacts, so the goal of the maintenance was to remove this slight deposit with soft bristle brushes and a micro-aspirator. Furthermore, the fragments of three finds that had lost cohesion were glued by removing the residues of the old adhesive and the subsequent re-adhesion with cyanoacrylate points.